Changes to Campus Mail Delivery Schedule
Beginning Monday, November 9th, 2020, campus mail will be picked up and delivered once per day, instead of twice daily. This is a permanent change. We have designed a once-daily route that takes into account the restricted-access status of many university buildings and departments. We will revise the schedule as needed, such as when building access is expanded to a more broadly open stance. Please find information about your department‘s scheduled stop in the new schedule in the link below.
Note: Scheduled times are estimated and may vary slightly due to daily volume fluctuations.
Thank you for your support as we transition to this new schedule. If you have questions about this change, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-346-3130.
UNIVERSITY OF OREGON CAMPUS MAIL OPERATIONS DURING COVID-19
University of Oregon Campus Mail Services is continuing to deliver campus mail daily until further notice. To help departments with social distancing and limit the number of employees on campus, campus mail has expanded mail delivery options available during this difficult time. The campus mail delivery schedule will be reviewed weekly and adjusted based on university needs. The following options are available for mail delivery and pickup:
- Unless told otherwise and if accessible, Campus Mail will continue to pickup and drop-off mail at your department’s regular location.
- By request, within certain limitations related to our route and operation, Campus Mail can consolidate mail delivery between multiple departments or offices or reduce deliveries to your office.
- Departments may request to schedule a self-pickup from the Campus Mail office in Building #130 in the Campus Planning and Facilities Management compound (north on Onyx Street from Franklin Blvd). Due to limited storage space, any departments seeking to utilize this option must schedule pickup at least once per week.
- For departments that are closed and inaccessible to Campus Mail and have not communicated instructions, we are currently holding department mail at the Campus Mail office (see location above).
Distributing Mail Within Your Department
In support of the directive to work from home whenever possible, a best practice is for departments to collaborate with collocated or nearby departments to identify (1) a shared delivery location and (2) a single individual that can—on behalf of the collaborating departments-- open, scan and electronically distribute the mail to a point of contact in each department to which the mail was directed.
Outgoing Mail and Packages
- All outgoing mail (inter-office and post) left at the usual locations is being picked up and processed.
- Outgoing mail and packages for UPS and FedEx can be dropped off at the Campus Mail office (see location above). Please practice appropriate social distancing.
Incoming UPS and FedEx
For package delivery from UPS or FedEx, we do not have the authority to re-direct packages that are in transit to departments, only the sender may do that. Departments are advised to contact carriers and shippers individually to arrange for alternative deliveries as needed. Included below are the general practices of the most commonly used carriers.
Shipping/Re-Directing Delivery to Off-Campus Addresses
When shipping to off-campus addresses, be sure to document the business purpose and reason for shipping to the off-campus site, and keep that documentation with your purchase record. When using a P-Card to purchase UO business-related items and have them delivered to a UO employee home address, you must attach off-campus delivery documentation to the appropriate expense line in Concur. Note: Duck Depot can deliver only to valid UO campus addresses (loaded as selectable options). Contact Purchasing and Contracting Services (PCS) if you have questions about this section.
Making a Request or Obtaining More Information
If you are interested in these options or need further information, please contact Rebecca at Campus Mail Services 541-346-3130 or send an email request to email@example.com and Campus Mail will get in touch with you.
CAMPUS MAIL SERVICES HAS MOVED
Campus Mail Services is now part of Finance and Administration Shared Services. Shipping and delivery operations are moving to our new space in the CPFM Warehouse/Shops building at 1295 Franklin Blvd, Building 130. There will be signage in place to assist with locating the customer entrance. Campus Mail delivery and pick-up will continue according to the usual schedules.
The contact phone number: (541) 346-3130 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org will remain the same.
- The pickup and delivery of your interdepartmental mail.
- The pickup and delivery of USPS and state shuttle mail.
- Management of University's zip+4 mailing addresses.
- Daily metering of outgoing first class mail.
- Note: Bulk Mail Distribution Services will remain with Printing Services.